Vacuum cleaning your carpet is one of the basic and most important maintenance procedures to help keep your carpet in good shape.
Regular vacuum cleaning removes more than half of the dirt in your rug, since more than 80 percent of soil in carpet is dry and can be readily eliminated with a vacuum cleaner.
For maximum carpet cleaning, use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar and brush, and make sure it’s set to the correct height for your carpet pile to clean your rug effectively. While vacuuming, you may want to change the direction of the cleaner more frequently to ensure better cleaning results. Also, changing the bag often will maximize the effectiveness of your vacuum cleaner.
Vacuum cleaning your carpet daily will undoubtedly improve the overall appearance of your flooring.
HOW TO BUY A VACUUM CLEANER:
Vacuum cleaners come in a wide variety of choices in terms of style and features. Buying the right vacuum cleaner should be made according to your specific needs, in doing so, you might want to consider the following:
- Typpe – Your choice in the type of vacuum cleaner to purchase depends on what type of surface you’ll be cleaning, so make sure you make this consideration before buying.
- Comfort – Handling is an important factor in buying a vacuum cleaner. Check how well it handles, its weight, size and comfortability.
- Noise – If you are sensitive to noise, then you might want to consider buying a vacuum cleaner with insulated materials around the motors.
- Filtration – Check the efficiency of its filter, especially if you are prone to allergies.
- Attachments – Check the attachments that come with your vacuum cleaner. But don’t purchase those you don’t need.
TYPES OF VACUUM CLEANER:
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaners – Handhelds are the smaller type of vacuums (usually battery operated) which is best for cleaning up specific spots that may be difficult to reach with other types of cleaners.
- Upright versus Canister Vacuum Cleaners – Upright vacuum cleaners are ideal for cleaning just carpets, while canister type vacuum cleaners are more all-around, but may be more difficult to move around.
- Stick/Broom Vacuum Cleaners- Stick cleaners appear like stream-lined uprights and usually have less power, but are ideal for people in small apartments.
- Ask the salesperson about the vacuum’s airflow since this is a big factor to the cleaner’s effectiveness.
- Vacuum cleaners with filtration systems cost more, but are more effective in filtering out up to 99.97% of all particles.
- Units with efficient dust collector, can be a thick bag or plastic container, are a good choice.
- If you’re looking at durability, then you might want to purchase a metal vacuum cleaner.
- A vacuum cleaner with a longer cord will effectively aid in you cleaning different areas of your home without having to change outlets.
- You might want to ask for other cleaning attachments such as: a detachable hose, extra extensions, upholstery brushes, corner cleaners, and other tools.
What is the most ideal type of moosoo cordless vacuum cleaner for my wall-to-wall carpeting?
For the maximum and most effective carpet cleaning, an upright type of vacuum cleaner is the best choice. This type of vacuum cleaner usually comes with a variety of other tools to make cleaning even more convenient. Also, upright vacuum cleaners area less expensive and are much easier to store.
What is the most ideal lightweight carpet vacuum cleaner?
If you are looking for the lightest carpet cleaner, then an Ultra Lightweight vacuum cleaner is what you need. These are usually upright vacuum cleaners that weigh an estimated 8 lbs. These are for homeowners that are more concerned about vacuum weight. They generally do a good job cleaning carpets but don’t offer the same filtration performance as full size upright or canister vacuum cleaners.